We’re thrilled to announce the most requested improvement to Seamless Checkout since its launch last year - PayPal payments! You can now give your customers the option to pay with a credit card (powered by Stripe) or with their PayPal account.
Seamless Checkout has already processed nearly $20,000,000 in orders. That’s a lot! Our artists love that their checkout and order receipt pages now look and feel as nice as the rest of their shop, and their customers love the simplicity and speed of our single-page buying process. Win win!
Didn’t you already support PayPal?
Big Cartel has always supported PayPal Standard, which has been a trusty companion over the years, but can be quite limited and problematic. For Seamless Checkout, we’re now using PayPal Express, which allows us to improve a bunch of things:
- Truly seamless - based on your store’s theme, images, fonts, and colors, we’re able to adapt the payment and receipt pages to match exactly.
- Direct payments - your customers can pay you directly with a credit card (through Stripe) or with their PayPal account (through PayPal Express).
- Lightning fast - our elegant single-page design significantly cuts down on checkout times (note: PayPal payers still submit final payment on PayPal).
- Beautiful receipt page - an order confirmation page that reviews what was purchased, that your customer can come back to at any time.
- Fewer headaches, more awesome - no more pending e-Check payments, IPN delays, or attempts to spoof orders.
- Better for high volume sales - no delays from PayPal Standard means inventory reserve and overselling are history.
- Great on any device - no matter if your customers shop from a desktop, tablet, or mobile device, their checkout process will work (and look) perfectly.
- Faster, more reliable storefront - everyone using Seamless Checkout is also using our new storefront system, which is incredibly fast and stable.
Support for PayPal Standard isn’t going away, but we strongly encourage anyone using our old PayPal Standard checkout (i.e. the “One moment” page) to learn about switching to Seamless Checkout.
Get setup for the holidays
Our team worked hard to get you this great new feature in time for the holiday rush (thanks beta testers!). Ready to give it a whirl? Head over to the Settings > Checkout section of your admin and get crackin! As always, if you have any questions about this or anything, let us know.